Nomination packet should include:
√ A printed copy of this page.
√ A brief (1-2 paragraphs) synopsis of your application for use in marketing/outreach efforts (do not include proprietary information in your synopsis).
√ Answers to the following questions (up to three pages total):
- How does your plant or facility use energy? List major energy-using systems and key drivers for energy use (such as production, weather, etc.)
- Describe the system or model(s) you use to monitor and track the results of energy performance improvements. Define how your energy intensity metric is calculated. Who does this at your company and how often?
- Provide information about the baseline period that your improvements are being measured against.
- What is your % of energy intensity reduction since the baseline period? Is the percent of reduction for the whole plant/facility?
- Provide a brief explanation of how these energy savings were achieved. What systems were impacted?
- What are the annual kWh, Btu, therm or cost savings associated with your energy performance improvements?
- Are there other, non-energy benefits? Describe them.
- 6.8. Are you a water/wastewater treatment facility?
- Make sure to provide ample details in your application, including technical details. Tell the story of why you should win an award.
- Energy savings are fuel neutral. If applicable, provide data for both electric and thermal savings.
- Make sure your application clearly separates qualitative from quantitative data.
√ Optional – Up to 10 additional pages of supporting documentation to validate your energy performance improvement statistics.
Deadline for packet submission: November 17, 2014
Send your nomination packet to:
Electronic submissions are preferred in order to reduce the impact on the environment.
Washington Industrial Energy Leaders Award
WSU Energy Program
PO Box 43165
Olympia, WA 98504-3165
For more information:
Contact us with any questions regarding this award program or industrial energy efficiency activity in Washington.
Applicants will be notified of their nomination status in mid December. On behalf of our program partners and sponsors, thank you for your commitment to improving industrial energy efficiency in our state!