Tribal IAQ Workshops and Training
As part of the U.S. EPA's Region 10 Tribal IAQ Project, the WSU Energy Program provides free assistance tailored to meet tribal needs, including:
- On-site skills training - Tribal members get hands-on experience using monitoring equipment and other tools. Skills training sessions can be scheduled for a half day or up to three days.
- On-site technical support - Regional experts come to your building to assist with IAQ issues.
- School IAQ workshops.
- Building walk-throughs and assessments.
- Assistance with developing a customized program to prevent and solve IAQ problems.
- Formal presentations for large or small groups - Our staff can lead seminars, workshops, and community events on IAQ issues.
- Regional events - Our staff can organize two- or three-day events that give tribal members a chance to network with others interested in improving IAQ in homes, offices, and school buildings.
Available presentations include:
Orientation to IAQ, two days
Advanced IAQ, two days
Mold, moisture, and ventilation, two days. This hands-on demonstration course includes a day in the classroom followed by a day installing a whole-house ventilator in a tribal home.